8 Tips For Getting Back On Track After A Slip
Even with a well thought out plan, sometimes slips can happen causing us to overindulge in some not-so-healthy foods. This can be especially tough during the holidays with so many family gatherings, holiday feasts and what seems to be an endless supply of desserts and sugary drinks.
The next day can bring on the physical symptoms. You didn’t sleep well, are feeling drained and suffering from a headache. That sluggish, bloated, tired feeling has set in and so has the regret.
The emotional symptoms can be just as uncomfortable. Beating yourself up for not sticking to your routine, and trying to turn off that negative little voice in your head. Slips happen to everyone and the important part is to just pick up where you left off and not let guilt get the best of you!
How to get through it:
- Increase your water intake. When we consume sugary snacks, our body will try and flush out the excess sugar in the urine, leading to dehydration. Water also helps to keep us full, which will help stop the cravings from continuing. Dehydration has been linked to fatigue, decreased mental alertness and mood changes.
- Start every meal with protein. Quality lean protein such as Nutralean Protein will help keep you full and decrease cravings for the bad stuff. Filling up on protein also helps you to consume less calories.
- Fiber helps to repair gut bacteria and stabilize your blood sugar. It also keeps you full for hours! Click here to read what makes Nutralean’s Fiber so special.
- Antioxidants will help your body to decrease the inflammation caused by sugary and salty foods. Blueberries and colourful vegetables are excellent sources of antioxidants.
- Plan out your meals. This ensures there are always healthy choices available and you are more likely to stay on track.
- Be kind and forgive yourself. Don't let today’s slip carry into tomorrow. Acknowledge and accept that it happened and just keep on moving forward toward your goals. Give up the negative thinking and be kind to yourself. Negative thinking can make it easy to get discouraged and give in.
- Listen to your body and rest. The sudden overload of carbs can cause you to be tired and your blood sugar to be out of whack. Sleep it off!
- Exercise can help to burn off the extra calories and glycogen. Plus it will help to clear your head and you will feel in control of the situation because you are taking a positive, proactive approach.
A slip doesn’t have to be the end of all of your hard work and effort. Remember your goals and your “why”. After a few days the symptoms will pass and you will feel back to your healthy self again.
Don't forget to follow us on social media to stay up to date on contests, promotions, recipes, transformations and more! ♥
Thanks for reading!