My First Recipe with Chocolate NutraVegan
It's been awhile since I experimented in the kitchen, and with the launch of our incredible NutraVegan line approaching steadily (stay tuned for more details)... I thought this was the perfect opportunity to play around and create something tasty!
In case you missed it, a few weeks ago I made Chocolate Coconut Bark Bites at work for a quick snack using our Chocolate Dream Nutralean. (Follow us on Instagram @Nutracelle to catch my recipe creations as they happen!) These chocolate-y, crunchy bites were a HUGE hit. I was getting constant messages from the girls at work raving about how tasty they were.
The best part? They were SO easy to make!
I even used an ice-cube tray to make them! Less mess to clean up, and less dishes to do = happy Tracy!
This gave me the idea to re-create the exact same recipe but instead of using Chocolate Dream Nutralean (our yummy whey protein), I re-invented this recipe with our brand new Chocolate NutraVegan!
Here's how I made 'em - step by step!1. I started by following the regular recipe - which is to melt 1/4 cup of coconut oil (measured solid, and then melted). I always melt my coconut oil right in the measuring cup, and then pour it into a larger bowl.
2. Once my coconut oil was transferred into a larger bowl, I dropped one scoop of our NutraVegan Chocolate mix and stirred until it was smooth. This took an incredible three seconds. Seriously. It mixes JUST as perfectly as Nutralean! Did I mention I used a fork to mix it? Ha ha, no joke! Our office whisk was missing!
3. Once it was smooth, I mixed in 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract.
The next step is one you can modify based on what bakeware you're using. I used a silicone-bottomed ice-cube tray. I chose this because the press-able bottom makes it SO easy to pop out the bites!
4. I started by putting 1/8th of a tsp of unsweetened coconut at the bottom of each bite. I then carefully scooped 3/4 of a TBSP on top of the coconut.
When I used the Nutralean to make this recipe, I was able to fill the tray, but our NutraVegan is a bit thicker, so I ended up with a few less bites in comparison to the other recipe. (That means a thicker, creamier smoothie too!)
5. After the tray was full, I sprinkled a touch more coconut on top. (Partially for aesthetic, and partially because I just really love coconut!).
6. The final ingredient was a sprinkle of sea salt across the top before placing them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
The final product was SO delicious! The coconut added a macaroon-style texture and the Chocolate NutraVegan was so smooth and sweet that I didn't even have to add any extra sweetener!
Everyone LOVED it. They cleared the plate in minutes (luckily I had already taken photos!) and have been asking me to make more ever since.
Stay tuned for more information about our exciting, all-natural NutraVegan line.
Don't forget to follow us on social media to stay up to date on contests, promotions, recipes, transformations and more! ♥