Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese and also contain folate (vitamin B9) and potassium. Just one serving of strawberries, contains more vitamin than C than an orange!
Strawberries are low on the glycemic index (GI), so they don't cause a major spike in blood sugar, making them safe for people with diabetes. This also makes them a good choice for a low carb or keto lifestyle.
Strawberries contain fiber which is important for digestive health. Fiber feeds the friendly bacteria in your gut, helping to relieve many digestion issues.
Strawberries may also:
- improve blood antioxidants
- decrease oxidative stress
- reduce inflammation
- improve vascular function
- improve your blood lipid profile
- reduce the harmful oxidation of LDL (bad) cholesterol