We’re half-way through August already, isn’t that crazy? I hope you’ve been having a perfect month!
I bet I know what you’re thinking – maybe your month wasn’t perfect? No one’s ever is! Remember to celebrate the good. That’s it. There’s no comment about the bad/ugly, because you know what? You’re human. This journey is going to have many speed bumps, it’s important not to punish yourself.
In my first month of using Nutracelle I lost a total of 15.2 pounds. When you break that down by week it’s an average of 3.8 pounds a week. I’d seen others losing less and others losing more, but I made a promise to myself immediately not to compare my results to anyone else’s. We’re all on our own journeys, and sometimes things are going to go GREAT and other times it’s going to be a struggle.
This leads me to my main tip for today: Avoid food-related rewards for yourself.
You’ll hear people say it all the time, “I’ve been good this week, so a cheat meal is okay!” but I can tell you from personal experience that it rarely stops at the one cheat meal. That cheat meal will snowball into a few days, maybe a week… or more. (my tips below will help with any cheat meal cravings you’re having!)
However! I DObelieve in a reward system. As humans we’re wired to perform better in all areas of life when there’s motivation as strong as a reward. I would suggest sitting down and asking yourself, “What type of reward makes me work harder?”
For example: I love shopping. I won’t lie! I’ve never been an Emotional Eater (I’m totally a Night Eater though – have you taken our Eating Type Quiz?! If not, find out your type here) but I am definitely an emotional shopper. Early on in my journey I made a rule for myself: if I wanted to buy something frivolous, first I had to meet a small weight-loss goal. When I lost my first 5 pounds, I bought myself a $5.00 prize. When I hit 10 pounds down, I bought a $10.00 prize. You get the point!
You don’t have to mimic my plan exactly, but I definitely urge you to come up with one for yourself! When you do, let me know what you’ve come up with – maybe I’ll give yours a try, too!
So now we have a better reward system in place, so what about those cravings? What about that cheat meal that your soul is screaming at you to indulge in. Here are my tips for that.
My top 3 tips for cheat-meal substitutes:
- My number one suggestion is to cheat… with a PROTEIN TREAT! We have hundreds of free recipes available at nutracelle.com, almost every one of those comes with a video of Melanie (CEO & Founder) showing you exactly how to make it. It couldn’t be easier! Craving cheesecake? We have a healthy version. Pizza? Done. Cupcakes? Done. Cookies? We have it. Chips? Yep.. we even have chips. Don’t sabotage yourself because of a craving, beat that craving! You’ll be so proud of yourself.
- Ask yourself: “Is this worth my goals?” I know it sounds strange to ask yourself a question, but I promise it helps. If you can convince yourself that this really is worth sacrificing your goals, then go ahead and enjoy it. But 98% of the time you’ll talk yourself out of it, I promise.
- Have someone that keeps you accountable. There was one time where I had convinced myself that I needed to have some chips (this was before we had our chip recipe!), so I bought a giant bag. Before I started in on them I messaged my best friend and told her I had bought chips. She immediately told me to pour dish soap in the bag and crush the chips up. I laughed but I listened, and I thanked her for that. I didn’t need those chips, my self-saboteur did.
& now I’ll leave you with another one of my favourite recipes for a quick snack:
These babies are so amazing because you can flavour them however you want. Cherry, orange, lime, vanilla, chocolate, etc. The options are endless! They were one of the first treats I attempted (I’m not a baker) and I was so impressed with them! I make them ALL the time to nibble on.
- 1 & 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Vanilla NutraLean
- 1 package sugar-free cherry Jello (or any flavor of choice)
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- Preheat oven to 300
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Add the egg whites and mix well
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 20 minutes
Going through my own journey has given me a unique perspective when it comes to support. Not only am I here to cheer you on, but I’m here to life you back up when you stumble - I've been there. I know exactly what it's like, and I can promise you that You’re never alone!
If you need me, you can use https://nutracelle.youcanbook.me to book a call with me, or just call me toll-free at 1-877-229-1207.
We’re in this together,
P.s Check out my latest before/after photo: -108.6 lbs and counting.