Beetroot contains antioxidants, vitamin A, vitamin B-6, and iron. These compounds help protect the liver from inflammation and oxidative stress while enhancing its ability to remove toxins from the body.
Beetroots are a great source of many essential vitamins and minerals such as:
- Folate (vitamin B9). Folate is important for cell function and tissue growth. It is especially important during pregnancy.
- Manganese is a trace mineral that is essential for bone health, and also has been shown to protect against free radicals that can cause damage to cells, which are believed to contribute to aging, heart disease and some cancers.
- Potassium helps to reduce blood pressure levels and improve heart health.
- Iron is essential for red blood cells. Without iron, the red blood cells can’t transport oxygen throughout the body.
- Vitamin C. Important antioxidant for immune health.
- Contains lutein, important for eye health
- Fiber for digestive health
- Helps the protect the liver from inflammation and oxidative stress and improves its ability to flush toxins from the body.