When you're a mayonnaise-loving household, you know how much mayo can make-or-break your recipe. Some of our favourite sauces start with a creamy, thick, mayonnaise base: tartar sauce, fry sauce, aioli, etc. We already know that adding Natural Nutralean or NutraVegan into store-bought mayo produces a smooth, creamy, protein-packed sauce, but this new recipe for homemade mayonnaise takes it to a whole new level.
Gluten-Free, Nut-Free Homemade Mayonnaise
We're so proud of our allergen-friendly protein powders, and even more proud that you can use them to make delicious recipes that are, in turn, high-protein, high-fiber, gluten-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, and free of other unhealthy additives. As a family-friendly company, our goals are to keep creating delicious recipes like our Homemade Mayonnaise to help simplify your life at home.
Making easy recipes like this one means you have more time for what really matters, whether that's putting your feet up with a good book, having a family game night, or whatever self-care looks like for you.
Homemade Protein Mayo: Five Alternate Versions
We couldn't just stop at plain 'ol (delicious, creamy, flavorful) mayonnaise. We had to play around with some spice combinations and see what other yummies we could come up with.
Here are our top 5 favorite flavor combinations, so far:
- Sriracha Mayo - 1/2 cup protein mayo, 2 TBSP Sriracha hot sauce, about 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, and garlic to taste
- Dill Mayo - 1/2 cup protein mayo TBSP lemon juice, 1 tsp garlic, 1/4 cup freshly chopped dill, salt and pepper to taste
- Sun-Dried Tomato Mayo - 1/2 cup protein mayo, 1 small garlic clove minced, 1/4 cup chopped & drained tomatoes (for this version, pulse in a food processor until smooth)
- Chive Mayo - 1/2 cup protein mayo, 2 small minced garlic clove, 1/4 cup fresh snipped chives
- Honey Mustard Mayo - 1/2 cup protein mayo, 1 TBSP honey, 1 TBSP Dijon mustard of choice
Convenient and budget-friendly
You may be wondering about the benefits of making your own delicious, creamy, mayonnaise compared to just grabbing a bottle from the grocery store. These days, prices at the grocery stores seem to inspire a lot more homemade alternatives so right off the hop, we were already expecting some financial benefits. But what others are there? Here's what we found:
- huge bonus: create your own yummy flavors!
- we love regular mayonnaise but with some of these flavor combinations, we may never buy store-bought again.
- more flavorful = less use!
- one of the most surprising benefits we found was that our homemade mayonnaises (now that's a mouthful!... haha, puns) were more flavorful and we ended up using less on our sandwiches, wraps, and etcetera.
- thanks to Nutralean, this mayonnaise was more filling
- our family is a big fan of layered dips. We found substituting our homemade mayonnaise in place of some of the sour cream in our traditional 7-layer dip created a more-filling, way-more-satiating meal! We always ended up with extra dip and trust me... that's a shock. Usually we're wishing we'd have made a bit extra for tomorrow's lunches. Thanks to the prebiotic found in our allergen-friendly protein powder, the fullness meter gets a boost.