Mint Chocolate Mini Dessert Bites
Top 'o the mornin' to ya! Forget the lucky charms, they're after me Lucky Buttons!
These rounds of delicious, creamy, chocolatey, minty fun will have you so satisfied you'll feel like frolicking through the fields for days. They're tasty, healthy, and will even help you lose weight!
Not only are they delicious and packed with whey protein, prebiotic fiber, and are perfect for everyone in your family - diabetics, too - but they're an absolute blast to make!
We strongly suggest making multiple batches at once, because these scrumptious treats will NOT last long. You can't even blame the Leprechauns, either! You'll be the one that can't stop stealing them!
With an incredible 5g of protein per button, and JUST 1g of sugar... you'll be losing weight, gaining energy and treating yourself to these marvelous minty masterpieces!
Melanie went to work in her magical kitchen of rainbows and created these spectacular treats that you can enjoy, share, and love without having to worry about losing sight of your healthy lifestyle.
Kiss me, I'm healthy. Irish or not, these chocolate mint snacks will be perfect as a mid-day snack, dessert, or even "just because"! Don't take our word for it, though. Make them yourself and let us know how it goes!
- 1/2 brick cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups of stevia
- 4 scoops Vanilla Nutralean
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- Green food colouring
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 scoop of Chocolate Nutralean
- 1/2 cup full-fat whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Combine cream cheese, Vanilla Nutralean and one cup of powdered stevia in a large bowl and use a stand mixer or hand mixer to combine.
- Gradually add the rest of the powdered stevia and mix until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the mint extract and gel food colour and mix until combined.
- Line a large baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Scoop out a teaspoon of the dough and form into a ball using the palm of your hands.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon to create indentions in each bowl.
- Chill the mints until firm, about 1 hour.
- Place sugar-free chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl or large measuring cup.
- Bring full-fat whipping cream and Chocolate Nutralean just to a simmer and then quickly pour over the top of the chocolate chips. Stir once or twice and then let sit for 2 minutes.
- Continue stirring until the chocolate is fully melted and incorporated.
- Transfer the ganache to a plastic zip lock bag and let it set for 30 minutes or so until it has thickened up - think yogurt consistency.
- Cut the corner off of the bag and pipe the ganache into the center of each mint.
- Chill for about an hour, or until the ganache has set up.
- Store in refrigerator or enjoy!
Recipe makes 24 buttons - nutritional values based on 1 button.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS :
- Calories = 73
- Fat (g) = 4
- Carbohydrate (g) = 3
- Net carbs (g) = 0
- Sodium (mg) = 36
- Fiber (g) = 4
- Sugars (g) = 0
- Protein (g) = 5