With life looking quite a bit different these days, it may be hard to make time for physical exercise. Or perhaps you're struggling with motivation. It's easy to put your own self-care second, especially when you're too busy taking care of everyone around you. We're here to bring you a 5-minutes at-home exercise routine that doesn't even require any equipment!
With these easy, adjustable work-outs you can start your day, or end it, on a great note. Each move can be customized to your level of fitness, and we've even thrown in a tip or two for stepping it up a notch.
Don't forget to grab your Nutracelle protein shake, just in case you didn't know: our protein pairs perfectly with muscle building and fat burning! Click here to learn why Nutracelle will help you get the most from your workouts.
Use a timer, grab your NutraShaker, and your favourite tunes! These workouts run for just 1 minute each, and will have you feeling energized and motivated. We know how hard it is to prioritize YOU when everyone else's needs are in front of you, but trust us... 5 minutes a day will have you in a better spot mentally, physically and spiritually. Let's do this!
5-Minute At-Home Exercise Routine
This workout can be done every day, or every second-day if you're just starting out. Want to level it up? No problem! Simply repeat all 5 exercises two or three times. Don't forget to re-fuel with a sugar-free, gluten-free, peanut-free Nutracelle prebiotic protein shake. We recommend mixing it up before your workout and leaving it in the fridge while you burn those calories. It's the perfect post-workout cool down packed with fat-burning, muscle-preserving super powers!
Jumping Jacks OR Impact-less Leg Lifts
- Jumping jacks are a great way to get your heart-rate pumping and your body warmed up. To do a traditional jumping jack, stand with your feet together and your arms at your sides. Bend your knees slightly, and jump into the air. While jumping, spread your legs apart until they're about shoulder-width apart while simultaneously raising your arms above your head. Jump back to starting position. Repeat this motion for one minute.
Impact-less Leg Lifts are a perfect option if you're looking to reduce the impact of your knees. To perform this move, stand with your arms at your side and your feet together. Shift your weight onto one foot, and while you spread your arms open like a T, lift your alternate leg and engage your core for balance - hold this position for a moment and then return to starting position. Alternate legs until the entire minute is up.
- Keeping that momentum and heart-rate pumping, stand in place and lift one knee as high as you can to your chest as you lower the alternate arm. Switch legs and arm and repeat process. It will simulate running in place, make sure you're keeping your knees nice and high! Breathe out as you pull your leg up, and in while you
- Get ready to sweat, this one is a bit tougher. To do your mountain climber, start on the floor in a raised plank position (with your hands shoulder width apart, and your legs extended behind you resting on the tip of your toes). Make sure you keep your hips parallel to the ground when you're in starting position. Pull one knee up towards your mid-section, pausing briefly before returning your foot back to starting position. As soon as your foot returns, raise the other knee and repeat. Do this for 60 seconds until your timer beeps!
Lateral Toe Taps
- Stand with your feet pointing forward and your hands clasped in front of you, elbows bent. Lower your body into a mini-squat while keeping your core engaged. Lift your left foot and extend it out to the side and tap your foot. Return your foot to starting position and switch legs. Keep this up for a full 60 seconds, alternating legs as many times as possible! For an additional level of tough, grab a resistance band and put it around your legs, above your knees.
- We're finishing off this exercise routine with a final core/glute workout. Start by laying on the floor, raising your knees while keeping your feet flat on the floor. Lift your hips until your knees, hips, and shoulders form a straight line. Keep your glutes squeezed and your core engaged for that extra calorie burn!
You're done! Great job!
It's just that easy! 5 minutes of your time, and you'll feel better on the inside and outside. Re-fuel with your Nutracelle protein shake and pat yourself on the back. We hope you're as proud of you as we are.
Have a favourite work-out that's not listed here? Send it to us! We'd love to feature it in our next blog post. Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.