High Protein Low Carb Chicken Quesadilla
High Protein Low Carb Chicken QuesadillaJust in 'quesadilla', you need a quick and simple idea for dinner, we came up with this super healthy, super yummy Mexican favourite that is low carb and high in protein!
Perfect for using up those leftovers in the fridge - and sure to delight everyone from mom and dad to the kids - these low-carb, high-protein quesadillas are cheesy, easy, please-y goodness!
Ideal for lunch or dinner, quesadillas can be divided up, refrigerated and saved for later. They're even delicious served cold! Dip in salsa and your taste buds will be dancing!
- 4 Nutracelle crepes - click here for the recipe
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers (red, yellow, etc.), diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded/grated (in a large bowl)
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 1/3 scoops Natural Nutralean
Frying pan method:
- In a cast iron skillet, heat avocado oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and veggies to heated oil/pan and fry until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle 1/3 scoop of Natural Nutralean over ingredients in the pan and mix until evenly coated.
- Transfer cooked ingredients from pan to large bowl.
- Add 1 scoop of Natural Nutralean to shredded cheese and mix together until cheese is evenly coated.
- Spray a non-stick pan with olive oil cooking spray and add one tortilla to pan.
- Spread cheese evenly over one side of the tortilla, then chicken & veggie mixture, then add more cheese over veggies.
- Fold empty side of the tortilla in half, over ingredients and pat with a spatula, cook until golden brown.
- Flip folded tortilla to other side and continue cooking until golden brown.
- OR -
- Place stuffed, folded tortillas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, flipping at the midway point until browned on both sides.
- Cut cooked quesadillas in half. Serve with Greek yogurt and/or salsa, if desired.
This recipe makes 4 servings,
NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR ONE SERVING: