VEGAN: Chocolate Protein Bars
We’re taking protein snacks to the next level with these vegan chocolate protein bars. They’re made with nutrient dense seeds, coconut and our allergen-friendly Chocolate NutraVegan protein powder -- on top of that, they take under 10 minutes to make!
It’s time to say goodbye to the packaged protein bars with fillers and high sugar content for good. Trust us, after trying these homemade bars, you’ll never go back!
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 2 scoops NutraVegan – Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (vegan)
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp solid coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- In a food processor, pulse the following ingredients together: chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
- Add in 2 scoops of Chocolate NutraVegan protein powder + sesame seeds then mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine vegan dark chocolate chips + coconut milk + coconut oil. Microwave until melted (time will depend on the power of your microwave!).
- Add maple syrup (or stevia drops + water) + vanilla extract + salt to melted chocolate mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Combine seed mixture from the food processor to the bowl with melted chocolate mixture and mix to combine. If the mix is too dry, add water!
- Spread mixture on parchment paper covered baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator until solid/set.
- Slice into bars and keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator!
Pro-tip: make these a fun, seasonal treat by using a cookie cutter to create festive shapes. We’re looking forward to making flower and sun shaped bars as the weather warms up!
They’ll make great protein-filled vegan treats to put in your childrens’ lunch boxes & to share with loved ones. Nothing says “I love you” like a homemade, healthy treat, right?!