Homemade Classic Christmas Gingerbread CakeThis homemade gingerbread cake recipe is a tried-and-true recipe passed down by Melanie's great uncle Willard Caseley. Willard served in WWII, and growing up Melanie's mom made this recipe all the time. Wanting to keep the tradition going, Melanie has transformed this recipe into a mouth-watering, delicious gingerbread recipe without all of the added sugar. This cake is best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, with a dollop of our sugar-free cream cheese icing. From Melanie's family to yours, xo.
- 1 cup Vanilla Nutralean
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup baking stevia
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- Grease a 9"x 9" pan and preheat your oven to 350.
- Combine sugar and coconut oil and beat well.
- Add one egg at a time and continue to beat well.
- Beat in molasses into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, blend the dry ingredients together.
- In small amounts add to the molasses mixture, alternating with the water until batter is fully mixed.
- Bake for 30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe makes 18 pieces and does freeze well!
NUTRITIONAL INFO FOR ONE PIECE: