Classic Homemade Shepherds Pie
Who doesn't love shepherds pie?! It's a perfect comfort for the winter months. It’s so easy to make and is great to make ahead of time and freeze. Take it out for those nights when you want a delicious home cooked meal without having to spend hours cooking and cleaning up.
- Fauxtatoes Recipe
- 1-2 cups vegetables—diced carrots, peas
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1/4 cup diced peppers (optional)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup Natural Nutralean
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt, pepper, other seasonings of choice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a skillet, sauté ground beef, onions and peppers (optional). Add in Nutralean until well blended.
- Add in beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings, and vegetables
- Spread meat sauce over a casserole dish evenly.
- Top with Faux-tatoes recipe and add shredded cheddar cheese and sprinkle with paprika (optional).
- Place in a 400°F oven and cook until browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Recipe makes 12 servings
Nutritional information for one