Crispy Coconut shrimpWhat do you do when you have a craving for deep fried shrimp?
Make yourself some that is high protein and high fiber without the excessive sugar and carbs from boxed shrimp.
This is a super simple recipe that is not just great for
coconut shrimp, but it’s also wonderful for chicken strips or anything else that you may want to pan fry for a decadent treat.
- 2 large eggs whites
- 1 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup dried unsweetened coconut
- 1 scoop Vanilla Nutralean
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp
- 3 tbsps coconut oil
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Beat the egg white in a small bowl with water.
- In another bowl combine the coconut, Vanilla Nutralean, salt and black pepper.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Dip each shrimp into the egg and then into the coconut mixture, set into the pan once the oil begins to shimmer.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side until the coconut starts to brown and the shrimp begins to curl up and turn pink.
- Flip over and cook an additional 3 minutes adding oil if necessary.
- Transfer to a plate with a paper towel and serve.
This recipe makes 4 servings,
Nutritional information for one: