Coconut Curry Mussels
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1+1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Natural Nutralean
- 1 tsp red curry powder
- 2+1/2 pounds mussels - cleaned and debearded
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a large saucepan, cook shallots and garlic in simmering wine until translucent.
- Stir in cream, Natural Nutralean, and red curry powder. When the sauce is heated through, add mussels. Cover, and steam mussels for a few minutes, until their shells open wide. With a slotted spoon, transfer steamed mussels to a bowl, leaving the sauce in the pan. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Whisk butter (or coconut oil) into the cream sauce. Turn heat off, stir in parsley, and green onions. Serve immediately and enjoy.
This recipe makes 6 servings,
Nutritional information for one: