Creamy Mushroom Soup
This delicious high protein low carb creamy Mushroom soup is perfect for those cold winter nights and those dreaded sick days. It will have you feeling like yourself in no time.
A classic favourite is reborn.
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsps chopped shallots
- 1.2 cup Natural Nutralean
- 1 tsp leaf dried thyme leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth, bouillon or consomme
- 2 cups tap water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups mushroom pieces and stems
- Cut cauliflower into large florets and place in a pot of boiling water. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until soft, drain.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in saute pan over medium to medium-high heat, add shallots, mushrooms, and thyme. Cook 10 minutes, until mushroom pieces are lightly browned.
- Place cooked cauliflower in blender/food processor along with milk, Nutralean, shallots, and thyme. Blend until creamy.
- Add to chicken broth and water in a large heavy pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add cream, cauliflower mix, add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in lemon juice before serving.
Recipe makes 12 servings
Nutritional information for one: