Keto Gingerbread Cupcakes
A true holiday classic! Nothing reminds me more of the holidays than the smell of freshly baked cinnamon, ginger and clove infused goodies filling your kitchen! These gingerbread cupcakes are loaded with protein and fiber thanks to Vanilla Nutralean. You don't have to save these just for dessert, so filling and delicious they are perfect for anytime of day without the guilt!
Some benefits of ginger:
- High in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Ginger helps to prevent nausea and ease indigestion.
- Has been shown to lower blood sugar levels and improve various heart disease risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Cream Nutralean
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granular sweetener
- 1 tbsp molasses (optional, helps colour and flavour)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream mixed with water (about half of each)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Spray muffin tin or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, Vanilla Nutralean, ginger, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat butter with sweetener until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in molasses, eggs, and vanilla extract to butter mixture.
- Add water/cream.
- Gradually add in the dry mixture until well combined.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups and bake 28 to 32 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely.
Top with our Vanilla Cream Cheese Protein Icing and some sugar free caramel syrup to take your cupcakes to the next level!