Low Carb Turnips Au Gratin
These creamy delicious baked turnips are a great low carb alternative to classic potatoes au gratin! All of the comfort food feels without all of the unwanted carbs!
Turnips are high in nutrients and low in calories. They are also loaded with calcium and fiber and packed with protein thanks to Natural Nutralean!
So easy to prepare and the perfect side for serving up at your holiday dinner!
- 2 pounds turnips
- 1/3 cup Natural Nutralean
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9x9 baking dish.
- Rinse and peel the turnips. Slice turnips into 1/4 inch thick slices using a sharp knife, mandoline, or food processor.
- Combine the Nutralean, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and toss the turnips in mixture to coat.
- Arrange 1/3 of the turnips into the prepared baking dish.
- Combine the cheeses and sprinkle the turnips with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers twice more ending with cheese.
- Pour the cream over the top of the mixture.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for 20 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the turnips are tender.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Protein: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Net Carbs: 13g
- Protein: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Net Carbs: 5g
If you love this recipe, you will love our remake of another classic comfort dish, Mom's Perfect Turkey Meatloaf!
Don't forget to follow us on social media to stay up to date on contests, promotions, recipes, transformations and more! ♥