Lemon Meringue Pie
Always classic, Lemon meringue pie is light, fresh, and packed with incredible flavour. This recipe is high in protein, virtually sugar- free and full of fiber. Now that is heaven!
- 6 egg yokes
- 1 packet unfavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup Natural Nutralean
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Baking Stevia
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest (necessary) 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of choice (or to taste)
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 400. In a large saucepan whisk all filling ingredients until smooth.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Whip up the 6 egg whites until soft peaks. Sprinkle with 1 Tsp cream of tartar and stevia or sugar substitute, continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Pour filling into cooled crust and top with meringue and bake until light brown.
Refrigerate overnight. DO NOT cut your pie open until very cold, because it will be too liquidy.
This recipe makes 16 servings or 2 pies,
Nutritional information for 1 serving: