If you've caught the TikTok bug, chances are you've seen the viral sensation: Baked Feta and Cherry Tomato Pasta recipe. This easy, oven-baked recipe requires very little prep and makes a super yummy, creamy, cheesy pasta your whole family will love. We've re-vamped it and added our prebiotic powerhouse: Natural Nutralean to take this mouthwatering recipe to the next level, and we're bringing you a low carb alternative!
Jump to Recipe
Ingredients and substitutions
- Feta Cheese: We used a round container of feta cheese, but the traditional recipe does call for a square one. As long as you're using a block (not the crumbled version) of feta, you'll get the perfect melty consistency when baked. Goat cheese would be a great alternative, too.
- Tomatoes: Fresh cherry tomatoes offer a visual delight, bursting with beautiful red skins and pack your dish with a whole lot of flavor. They could easily be substituted with grape tomatoes, but we wouldn't recommend diced or crushed as they'll offset the liquid balance in the recipe.
- Pasta: To keep this pasta as low carb as possible, we've used keto-friendly NuPasta to give this recipe a fair comparison to 'the real thing'. You can also sub in zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash for a base! Or any family-friendly pasta of your choosing. You'll need 2 cups for this recipe.
- Natural Nutralean: Adding our gluten-free, unflavored protein powder to this recipe will take the satiety to the next level. You know what that means right? Leftovers! Yum. This recipe is *even* better reheated the next day. If you don't have Natural on-hand, don't worry, our unflavored NutraVegan prebitoic protein powder works too!
Tips for making low carb baked feta pasta
- Don't be stingy with the tomatoes! The more tomatoes you put in our baking dish (we recommend an 8x10 dish), the saucier your recipe will be.
- If you're using pasta, save some pasta water. When cooking your pasta, a great rule of thumb is to save about 1/2 a cup of pasta water just in case the pasta dish comes out dry. You may not need to here, but it's better to have if you feel the baked feta pasta needs more sauce. Plus, combined with our all-natural prebiotic protein powder, it will make the sauce super smooth and creamy and help bind the sauce together.
- For blistered tomatoes, try broiling. Set your oven to broil for the final 2 minutes of baking for a beautiful blistered tomato aesthetic.
Benefits of baked cherry tomatoes
The secretly-disguised fruit (seriously! they come from a flower), cherry tomatoes, carry a ton of benefits and vitamins that promote great health. Of course, like everything in life, they should be enjoyed in moderation! Consuming too many cherry tomatoes has been linked to causing acid reflux.
Cherry tomatoes are a great source of:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
Low Carb Baked Feta and Cherry Tomato Pasta
*Nutritional info based on recipe WITHOUT pasta, for nutritional information specific to your choice of pasta, refer to pasta package
Baked Feta Recipe