Amazing Mashed Cauliflower Fauxtatoes
These Mashed Fauxtatoes are so delicious your family won't even know they aren't real potatoes! Trust me, mine didn't!
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (plain, no sugar!)
- 2 cup shredded cheese (or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Natural Nutralean
- 1 tbs chives
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 1 clove garlic) or other herbs to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil or steam cauliflower until tender, then drain.
- The trick to creamy, potato consistency is to get ALL the liquid out. You can remove moisture by pressing in a mesh bowl or cheesecloth until dry. Next, put in food processor for about 1 minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add Greek yogurt and butter to the mashed cauliflower in a stand-up mixer or mixing bowl with hand mixer. Beat on medium for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, add dry ingredients together. Once mixed, add 1 cup of cheese until coated. Then add your mixed dry ingredients to the cauliflower mixture a bit at a time until all ingredients are well blended. Smooth into a baking pan sprayed with olive oil. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350.
- You can serve that day, or make ahead and cook the day you serve it. It freezes well too!
This recipe makes 12 servings,
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION FOR ONE: